Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bribery, Threats, and Photos

After adding Hudson to our chaotic family, my husband and I decided it was probably time we did the "family thing" and have our family portrait done. I immediately turned to friend of mine who is a fantastic photographer/photojournalist. Enter Cara Zimmerman Photography.

We had a few conversations about my "vision" and a date was set. It would be perfect. Hudson would be 12months and we would get 2 birds with 1 stone.

We picked the big kids up from school and headed straight to the park for our family photo shoot.

It was down hill from there.

Kane didn't wear a belt or tie his shoes. Lucy refused (and screamed about wearing) the dress I picked out for her. She then demanded she wear her favorite leaf dress. My options were- force this incessant turd to wear the jean jumper and have terrible pictures, or let her win- again, and hope for better pictures. You can guess who won. No bribery or threat in the world was going to help me win this one. I was better off letting it go, and enjoying a nice glass of wine (and maybe an over the counter sleeping pill) when it was all done. Check and check.

Instead of hanging a beautiful portrait of my family above my mantle, I have decided to print and frame this photo. It is more us. Cara did a perfect job capturing our family. Thank you. This picture is my life. My life should decorate my walls.



Here are a few others that could soon be embracing my walls- what do you think?


She isn't photogenic at all...

For some reason I love this one, I think because it proves that Lucy just covers her ears and tunes me out....

evidence of threatening and bribing
Retreating home in defeat. You cant see my face, but I am READY for that wine, and sleeping pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment