Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sewing 101

After Lucy asked me to make her a Witch Costume, I went onto Amazon.com and ordered a sewing machine. If my Lucy wants a mom who can do anything, well, damn it, that is what she is going to get. Here, my friends, is sewing 101.


Sewing Machine: $16.99 (thanks to all the Amazon points I racked up ordering ridiculous Chelsea Handler books on my Kindle)
1 little girl dress pattern: $2.99 Jo Anne Fabrics
Loud, Obnoxious, Pink, Heart print fabric (right up Lucy's alley on fashion taste): $3 clearance

My Grandmother's sewing box, complete with no actual sewing tools, just my mom's kitch. thanks mom: priceless

look closely, pink, retro 70's sewing box. awesome





Scissors, blunt- in need of better blades: free, since I stole them from my mom.
dad sharpening my "free" scissors. unsure about the weird ghost in the picture. thanks dad.
Afternoon of bonding with my mom- a glass of wine included: priceless. In fact, I laughed so hard, only Stoli (my mom's dog) could hear me. Yes. Her dog is named after her favorite vodka. I know. Really.
wine.
fun.
So in all seriousness, my mom did give me a few pointers on making dresses and costumes for little girls. All tips she learned when she used to make me and my little sister Jillian wear ridiculous matching dresses to church. Dresses that she made. Really. I know. A Mormon thing. You wouldn't understand. These are all things my mom did before she named her dog after her favorite vodka, or maybe during, I don't know. Blurry memory I guess. Damn Vodka.

Finished Dress. Minus the knick knack/rick rack I need to place on the hem- thanks to my shitty/blunt scissors.

Yes. I know. I am one step closer to "Mother of The Year." Yes. I will accept a trophy. Or more wine. Either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment