Thursday, November 24, 2011

Running a Fool

All in all, it was a pretty great Thanksgiving.

I woke up early this morning to join my girlfriend, Erin and her two wiener dogs, on a Thanksgiving run/walk for charity. I met her at the local High School at 7:30, the temperature was 30 degrees, and the wind made it feel worse. We registered and off we went. About 1 mile in to the run, my shoe became untied (I'm no professional runner with special running shoes), as I stopped to tie my shoe, my friend Erin (and her two wiener dogs) kept running. When I finished tying my shoe and realized what had happened, Erin and the dogs were like specks on the horizon. There I was. Left alone, running a fool, by myself. As I finished the run, talking to no one and not listening to the Ipod I left in the car, I thought to myself-

..."Oh yeah, I'm having some pie today!"
Erin and me before the run started- we were freezing!


After the run, my friend and I wished each other a Happy Thanksgiving and parted ways. I joined the few morons left in my town at the local grocery store to fight for last minute Thanksgiving necessities. Upon returning home, I found my entire family still asleep. With the clock ticking and baking and preparing needing to get done, you can imagine the urgency in my voice as I awoke my slumbering loved ones.

My husband and I ran around the house like idiots as we dressed the kids and gathered all the dishes I had slaved over. We spent time with my husband's family and mine. Of course, attempting to keep the kids happy, despite their lack of naps (my husband was sick too- this made things so much easier!!!! NOT).

All in the all, this Thanksgiving was pretty typical. We ate a ton of food, ran all over town, and I drank too much wine.

Here is an example of too much wine. My sister, my cousin, and I are attempting to help with dishes....

The funniest part- my sister (the one with the towel on her head) is completely sober

You can all judge me and all you want, but guess what? I ran that run this morning and I ate some pie. It was good pie too, thanks Nannie!

No comments:

Post a Comment