Monday, January 16, 2012

Ice Pick To The Heart

Unless you have been living underneath a rock, or you live anywhere besides Wisconsin, you know that the Packers lost last night to the New York Giants. Thus ending their triumphant season, 15-1, and tearing them from their chances at Super Bowl Gold. You can only imagine the mood in Title Town USA. In one word- ugly. The radio was definitely singing a different tune this morning, as I drove Lucy to school.

Hearts, throughout out Green Bay, and Wisconsin, broke yesterday. Dreams of a repeat championship were shattered. I almost felt the need to make arrangements for a memorial or a wake. My patients (in an ICU) at work were screaming at the TV. This making me more nervous for their overall cardiac health.

Here are a few FB posts and that came across my News Feed (over the coarse of one night).

"Lets go Pack!" (this was for sure at the start of the game- the mood changes, dramatically)

Happy Packer Fans at start of Game. I think she is wearing a bra made of cheese?!?

"Sad, sad.... But we enjoyed watching a good season and in the grand scheme of life, it's one small detail. We will get through this Packer fans ;)"

"Lose the Rose Bowl, won't see the Super Bowl, who are the Milwaukee Bucks? At least we have Miss America."

"I will not moan and groan about my packers!!!"

"I found something better to watch than this Packer game. Channel 426 has a wicker basket weaving marathon today."

"Don't receivers get paid to catch the ball???????????"

"Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the face."

"....Was cheering them on... but maybe next year you won't rest your starters 3 weeks before entering the playoffs." #irresponsible

"Genius game plan. Wait until you are down by 17 and five minutes left in the game then start to play. #Winning."

"If I expressed my feelings about the Packers right now, I probably would be banned from Facebook for life."

This is what I see when I close my eyes and listen to everyone complain

"Game over."

"I honestly don't think I can watch any more football. I'm having chest pain. Ugh... come one Packers."

"I think I'm going to chew the skin off of my fingers on this game :("

"Hey Rodgers! Discount double check."

"Given high expectations for 15-1 team, was Sunday the most disheartening loss in #Packers playoff history? #disappointed."

Okay, enough already. What happened? Who died? No one died? Then what the fuck are you all complaining about? Oh, the Packers lost last night? I had NO IDEA! I'm so sorry for your loss.

#bored
#really bored
#already moved on
#seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment