Monday, April 9, 2012

Cold Day in July

In keeping with the theme of music, I wanted to write about heartache. Ever hear a song on the radio and stop. Stop and remember a feeling? Feel a feeling? Cry?

We have all felt heartache. I know I have. At many different junctures in my life. As a little girl. In college. As an adult. It never gets easier. It hurts.

Love makes us fall deep. With out caution. But heartache humbles us.

For me. The song that pulls at my heart strings is 'Cold Day in July' by the Dixie Chicks. My cold day in july taught me to be strong. To want a man, a companion, but to never need one. It taught me to depend on myself. To trust my family. To trust myself. It made me determined to never allow another day in July to ever be so icy. It softened my heart. But most importantly. That frigid day led me to my husband. He helps to make all my days sunny. July. December. Whenever.

*Sissy- it gets better. Stay strong. I love you. July will be sunny again. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. What a morning of tears. It is good to be alive. I am excited for what comes next. Thank you for being such a fabulous daughter. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete