Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jello, scrambled eggs, and exercise

Many of you have learned that if I am not juggling 18 balls. I'm not quite satisfied. So. With an obsession to continue my effort to stay fit, healthy, and avoid boredom- I joined a kettle bell class. For anyone out there picturing me ringing bells and collecting spare change, you're wrong. Picture this instead-

Me. Sweating, straining, hurling weights in between my legs while squatting. Over and over again. For an hour. No bells ringing. No soft Christmas music. And definitely no money being thrown at me.

Since I was new to this whole kettle bell thing. I was entirely unaware that there is a significant cardiovascular component involved in this particular exercise. Thinking I was gonna "add" to my work out, I decided to run intervals for an hour before I tried these kettle bell (demons). Pft. Yeah. Right. Good plan (not).

Have you ever gone rollerblading- for a year straight? Yep. That's what my legs felt like. J-E-L-L-O.

Even better. This workout was enjoyed at the very beginning of my day. So me and my jello legs had lots of stuff to check off our ToDo list:

(pick toys out of) laundry, pry Hudson's hands from Lucy's hair (more than once), endure grocery shopping with 2 little Schueys (pulling hair), plan my week, find my sanity.

You know. No big deal. Oh yeah. And Mondays are family night.

Thank god it is Tuesday. And my legs feel like scrambled eggs. If scrambled eggs had a hard time sitting, standing, and walking stairs.

I can't wait for next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment