Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Detox

I have been home from NYC for 3 days. Therefore, myself, and my kids have been in detox for 3 days.

We have been cleansing ourselves by eating our fruits and veggies (with every meal), waking up on time to enjoy the day, and getting out of our jammies. We are also turning the tv off. And spending more time outside.

Also apart of my detox plan- calming Lucy down after her bipolar meltdowns, and reading more books to Hudson to encourage his development of words. Words that don't include deuce, boner, or sha-du-bee (thanks mom).

Oh funny story- today I was at the grocery store with my little schueys, when I stopped in the bread aisle to quickly review my grocery needs. Out load. I paused for a moment. When Lucy said,
"mom, don't forget the cocktails!!!"

Ah. Yes. Thanks Lucy. I can't forget those. What would I do with out you?

Back to detox.
I have also had an epiphany. God decided to punish us for our sins by giving us teenagers.

Or karma is a cruel lesson. I'm torn really on the logic. But either way. Teenagers are awful. Period.

My mom always told me that she hoped one day that my kids were just like me. I would like to say. That was a horrible thing for her to wish. Because it came true. Thanks mom.

My little ones jump (and color) on my furniture. And my oldest is a moody, smart mouthed, rule breaking, in need of detox, maniac.


I should be in therapy. I know. I just don't have the time. Therefore. My kids are stuck me with. And I them. So. Welcome to detox bootcamp. It's my way. Or well, because I pay the bills. My way.

Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment