Monday, July 15, 2013

Me? Write a Blog For You? Ok!

I recently was asked to be a guest blogger for a website called Nucopiamom.com, a website run by a friend of mine. At first I had no idea what to write about. And then I realized- who am I kidding? I've got tons of shit to write about! 

So read about it and check out Nucopiamom's website here:http://fb.me/2HLPAaVGr

Thanks again Kelly- it was fun!!!

So the craziest thing happened to me the other day. I woke up, my house was a disaster, my husband was snoring, and there was a 5 year old angel sleeping in my bed. Wait. I'm married? And I have a 5 year old? I can't believe it. I'm not mature enough to be a mom, let alone have a 5 year old! 

As I sat there surveying the circus that is my life, I couldn't help but think about the last 5 years. My marriage. My family. The places I have been. The things I have learned. I know its a cliche, but how did 5 years blow by so fast.

In 5 years I have settled into married life. Had 2 beautiful children. Worked to help raise my step son. Graduated from nursing school. Started graduate school. Traveled the country. Bought a house. Moved. And moved again. Fought with loved ones. Made up. And fought again. I have seen great happiness and dealt with suffocating darkness.

But the lessons that I have learned go beyond those things. Becoming a wife, and mother, has taught me lessons that can't be learned any other way. Creating my own family has been my greatest accomplishment yet...

(This article was inspired by the recent milestone birthday of my 5 year old daughter. Check out the full article at http://fb.me/2HLPAaVGr)




Peace and Love,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment