Monday, July 22, 2013

Who Cares?!?

Our summer is blowing by. I can't believe next week will be August. Living in Wisconsin has made me appreciate the few months of warmth that the frozen tundra is allowed by Mother Nature. In fact, I'm sitting in the sun writing this as my kids run through the sprinkler (naked). 

But anyways. What this warm weather has really done for me is got me thinking. Thinking about swim suits. And swim suits make me think about women. And women make me think about beauty and how beauty is what we make it. 

I am noticing a trend when it comes to conversations that I am having with other women this summer. Women from work. Women at the pool. Friends. Family. The common denominator seems to be insecurity. 

Insecurity with their bodies. Their appearance. Their parenting. Their beauty. It makes me sad. Just this past week, I have had more than 3 conversations with friends who have admitted to these insecurities. And why? Why are women so damn insecure?

I mean c'mon! What's all the fuss about? All of these women that I have been around are attractive, smart, and funny wives, mothers- women. All of them. 

What makes us beautiful isn't what other people think. Especially men. Men are dumb. Lets face it- without us men are nothing. They wouldn't be lovers, or fathers, or companions. And they would all be walking around in dirty underwear if it wasn't for us women.

And women. Women need to stop being so hard on other women. Women need to quit judging other women- for their parenting, their way of life, their marriages, their appearance. Women should spend way more time supporting other women instead of knocking each other down. It's pathetic. Who cares if your thighs jiggle. Who cares if your boobs are too small or too big. Who cares if you let your kids stay up late. Who cares if you let your kids run through the sprinklers (naked). Who really cares? 

We are all special and beautiful is our own ways. We are strong, capable, and caring. So why do we spend so much time caring about negative things? Lets change our focus and care about beautiful things. About being loyal wives, and supportive friends, loving mothers, and proud daughters. Lets be the women we all want to be.

Cause you know what? I'm a pear shaped mother of two with battle wounds and c-section scars. But my husband digs me. My kids love me. My friends support me. And my parents are proud of me.

I'm beautiful. Damnit! 

Peace and Love,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment