Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Dino-not Cake

We celebrated Hudson's first birthday over the holiday, while my little sister was in town. It was a great little gathering. We ordered pizza, I made pasta salad, and green tossed salad. My friend, Tonya, made our favorite fruit salsa, and my nannie and aunt each brought a delicious dish to pass. We ate, drank, and were merry.

Hudson watched as Lucy opened all of his gifts, claiming each one as her own. Out came the cake. I had worked on this cake and cupcakes most the day. I told my mom and sister that I was making a dinosaur cake.

Well procrastination and a lack of supplies led to a few snags. I couldn't find the cake pan I wanted and my vision was a little bit different than the end product. But, it was cake. It was homemade, and it had dinosaurs on it.

When I brought the cake out, my mom and sis looked at me and said. "I thought you were gonna make a dinosaur cake. You know, like a real dinosaur cake...."

Here is a picture of my dino-not cake

Remenber, preperations and baking took part just hours before the party started....

Happy First Birthday Huddy



By the way, I have made other cakes, some more WOW than others.....

No comments:

Post a Comment