Friday, November 18, 2011

e"Strange"d

My sister, Jillian, and I have not seen eachother in almost 3 years. She lives in Utah (attending BYU) and I live in Wisonsin. Saying that we have an estranged relationship would be an understatement (it's a long story). It is probably more like a strange relationship. Everyone has a little bit of dysfunction in their life- I have a lot. I like to think it is what makes me interesting, quirky perharps.

Anyways, Jillian and I talk on occasion via facebook or text messages. I like to think that we are working towards a closer relationship. We have even made plans to see eachother for the holidays.

You see there are a lot of things that Jillian and I have in common.

1. We both have naturally curly hair- that we prefer to straighten
2. We love anything to do with music
3. We love to eat junk food and watch funny movies
4. We love to laugh
Okay, that may not look like a lot of things but- we do.

What my little sister doesn't know is, there is even more about her that I admire.

I admire her creativity, her passion, her impression/version of the song "Popular" from the award winning musical WICKED, her devotion to her faith, her sense of style, she has great skin, and straight teeth.
See the teeth?

Sometimes when I watch Lucy singing and dancing around the house, or her laughing at herself (she thinks she is so funny), I think about Jillian. They seem to have a similiar free spirit to them. I think  Jillian and Lucy are going to get a long great. I really think that my Lucy is going to love hanging out with her "cousin Jillian" (even longer story).

See the resemblence?
I guess what I am getting at is, Im excited for Jillian to come visit. I hope that we can even find time to sing a duet of "Popular" or maybe even "Defying Gravity." Oh yeah, and eat some turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment