Sunday, November 20, 2011

Birthdays, plungers, and procrastination

Hudson's 1st birthday party is in 2 days. My sister, Jillian, is coming into town and the holiday season is upon us. This seemed like the perfect time, to gather- friends and family, again, to eat good food and enjoy good company. Did I mention good food?

We have decided to order pizza from one of our favorite pizzerias, open the soda pop, and eat some cake. One problem.

I haven't planned, ANYTHING ELSE.

This day snuck up on me. Having worked all weekend, I am now, getting ready to grocery shop, present shop, bake, and prepare ALL day tomorrow. And find time to see my sister (she flies into tomorrow afternoon).

It all seemed like a good idea, until now- 8:54pm on Sunday night.

Especially since I just spent what energy I had left tonight, cleaning up the bathroom. Lucy tried to flush enough toilet paper to successfully T-P a modest suburban home.

Despite my obvious habit of procrastination and the laughable distractions from the kids, I'm excited to celebrate Hudson's milestone. I can not believe that our baby boy is going to be 1 year old. I seems like yesterday, we brought him home. Now, he is walking, laughing, and before I know it- he is going to be talking (back) and asking for the car keys.


I guess if all else fails, we will at least have pizza, and hopefully some cake.

Happy Birthday Huddy- Mommy Loves YOU!

Now, excuse me, I need to find some more toilet paper- you know, to get us through the night until I can get to the grocery store (remember the procrastination?).

No comments:

Post a Comment