Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year, A New Me

Driving into the gym this morning, I was angered by the fact that there was NO PARKING, at least close to the door that is. Obviously, the whole town has made a NEW YEARS RESOLUTION to get fit, and they started TODAY. Now, instead of becoming irritated by having to walk a little bit further, in the cold, at the gym, I should applaud all those new comers, and make a resolution of my own.

Having never made a real resolution in the past, and since most of the "good" resolutions have been taken, as evidenced by the full parking lot, I decided that I would compile a list- a list of things that I could improve upon in the new year. You know, to be a better, well rounded individual....

1. Smile more
2. Laugh more
3. Swear less, I have a mouth like a sailor, and I kiss my mom with it too....
4. Be kinder. I tend to be quite sarcastic, and when I get angry, I get mean. It is not becoming of me, and I need to work on it.
5. Continue to exercise 4 times a week. I know, I know, I had to throw that one in too.
6. Set aside more time for my husband, when my kids go to sleep- of coarse.
7. Work on my relationship with my little sister. We have come a long way in the last few months, and I look forward to spending more time with her in the new year. I love you, Jillian.
8. Set aside time to work on my correspondences with my friends and family, both near and far. To all of you, I think about you all often, I will let you know more, I promise.
9. Be less of a procrastinator. I have signed up for some Grad Courses and I need to stay on top of them.
10. Take more pictures of my kids. They are only going to be little this one time. I need to capture the timeline of their lives a little bit better.

To my sweet children, I love you more than life itself, you are my everything. I wake up everyday because of you. You give me a reason to want to be a better person.

~"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of love."~

To my amazing husband- Garth,
When I look back on the last 5 years, I can not believe how far we have come. 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 houses, 2 careers, education, and lots of love later I can not imagine spending my life with anyone else. You are the best dad I could have ever given these kids. You are so patient and kind, even when my head is spinning and I am loosing my mind. You may think that I am the strong one, I'm not strong, I am just louder than you. You are the strong one. Your love is unconditional and beautiful. Your words are sweet and meaningful. In the new year, I promise to tell you more and show you more. Without you, there would be no us. Our family is complete- because of you. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives, and I couldn't ask for a better life partner. For everything you are and everything you do, I thank you.

All my love-
Your wife, Amanda
xoxox




And with that, I want thank all the people at the gym who made me walk a few more feet this morning. Those few feet helped to wake me up and appreciate my life. And you know what, you should all be proud of your new year's resolutions- getting to the gym is hard. Keep at it!

What were some of your resolutions???

Happy New Year, lets go out and make 2012 great!!!

From Wisconsin, with love-

No comments:

Post a Comment